Yes, it’s true–I don’t love fall. It’s a good enough season, possibly my second favorite, but I don’t go gaga over it like most people seem to. Here’s why!
- random weather. Okay, so maybe it’s not quite as random as spring usually is here (sunny and 70 degrees one day, a blizzard the next…seriously!) but it can definitely go from warm and sunny to cool and snowy or rainy in just a few days. Living in Colorado most of my life, I’ve gotten used to having snow on Halloween and having to trudge through the snow and ice to trick-or-treat, and then having a really warm and dry Thanksgiving. Oh, and don’t get me started on the totally random and crazy flooding we’ve had here this month. Generally, fall is pretty good, but I always miss the always sunny and hot days of summer.
- pumpkin everything. Don’t get me wrong, I like pumpkin in some things, like baked goods and smoothies. But I am not a fan of the pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin candies, whatever. It’s just overdone and not that exciting.
- falling leaves. This is probably the saddest part of fall. I hate when the trees are bare and dead-looking. It’s even more sad when this happens in mid-October, and you’re stuck with ugly trees for 7 months.
- school. I have may-jor senioritis this year, because it’s my last semester of college. At this point, school is something I just want to be done with. Fall always reminds me of back-to-school (even though the first few weeks of school are in summer) and it’s just depressing.
- having to wear jackets again. One reason I welcome fall again after summer is because I get bored with clothes for a certain season after a couple months and want to wear new things. Fall fashion is great. I love the boots, scarves, leggings, sweaters…but I don’t love having to wear a coat over it. This doesn’t happen every day in the fall, but when it does, it’s just a reminder that winter (my least favorite season) is on it’s way. And I HATE having to carry it around all day when it warms up later on.
- leaving behind summer. I’ll say it again, summer is my favorite season, and I get a little sad to see it go. Mostly because I know I won’t get to sunbathe, swim outside, enjoy ice cream without freezing to death, spend as much time as possible outdoors for another 9 months. That, and the fact that fall just means winter’s right behind. Maybe if I lived somewhere where winter (aka mostly February, March and April) wasn’t so snowy and sucky, I’d be okay with it.
Do you like fall, or do you prefer another season?